Go back to Villages, Page R      Go to Village Histories Index Page

Reinersdorf
Village of 190 residents in the Güssing district.

Called Salman or Zsalman until 1496; Zaalmar, Sarmar and Samar until 1631; first divided into German- and Croatian-Samand in 1662, reunited in 1860. Had Croatian speaking majority in 1929.

The BATTHYANY-Urbarium of 1750 of Deutsch Reinersdorf includes: Matthaeus STOISITS, Nikolaus GROHOTOLSZKY, Franz BIER, Michael DEUTSCH, Georg MARX, Georg GROHOTOLSZKY, Georg PFEIFFER.

Urbarium for Kroatisch Reinersdorf of 1750 not known.

Baptism records of 1705 show additional surnames for Reinersdorf: DOMASICS, OBRADOVICZ, SOVJAZ, FRENCZ, KOVACS, KNAZAR, JOKA.

Part of Heiligenbrunn parish.

First known teacher was Johann FABIANKOVITS, whose daughter died 1847 in Deutsch Reinersdorf, 11 days old. 1858-97 Georg EGRESITS; 1897-1900 Johann PLOHOVITS, 1900-10 Alexander ILIAS, 1910-12 Eugen CSAKANY, 1912-13 Nikolaus LAITISCH,
1913-22 Stefan NEMETH, 1922- Vinzenz VLASICH, 1923- Herta VLASICH-MENSCHIK

Source: Dr. Josef Loibersbeck's series "Um den Eisenberg", published in "Volk und Heimat" 9-10/1957; summarized and translated by Albert Schuch 10 Nov 1999

Go back to Villages, Page R      Go to Village Histories Index Page